The Adelaide International Motorsport Festival 2017
Since the confirmation of the South Australian Tourism Commission’s continued support and the use of the Clipsal 500. The drivers and cars who have concluded their normal racing championships across interstate and overseas, will be invited again to take part in the biggest event of the International Motorsports. The Motorsport Festival 2017 will start on the 7th to 10th of December and, the Victoria Park Sprint will be on the weekend of the 9th and 10th of December, in Adelaide.
Perhaps you will need group transportation to watch this International event of the Adelaide Motorsport Festival. CoachHire Bus Hire are the experts of low cost coach charter and bus hire in Adelaide and can assist on your transport needs, contact us today to reserve your group transportation.
Shannons Adelaide Rally
This road event is scheduled for three days and will be touring the Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale, Barossa Valley and Murray Mallee regions. Throughout this event, sections include Touring, Spirit, Regularity, Challenge and Competition, is controlled under the regulation permit CAMS #517/0912/01.
Collection of entries will start on 23rd of June via Adelaide Motorsport Festival website. Take advantage of the early-bird promotion, any entries paid in full before 30th of July will avail a $200 discount to all categories, except for Prima Tour.
- Prima Tour - $595
- Main Tour - $1395
- Spirit Tour - $1595
- Regularity - $1795
- Shannons Challenge Competition - $1795
- Shannons Competition Modern and Classic - $1995
- Category S Competition (By application only category for technically non compliant vehicles meeting safety and general requirements) - $1995
For those entries interested to compete in Shannons Challenge or Shannons Modern and Classic Competitions must abide with any of the technical regulations:
- CAMS Tarmac Rally Technical Regulations-Modern (post 1986)
- CAMS Tarmac Rally Technical Regulations-Classic (pre 1986)
- CAMS Historic and Classic Gravel Rally Car Regulations
- CAMS Group 3C Production Rally Car Regulations
Vehicles that cannot comply with the technical regulations mentioned, can still compete in Category S but will be subject for committee approval and must still adhere to safety and general requirements.
Victoria Park will be the starting point of The Prima Tour commencing on Thursday the 7th of December, then the tour heads out to Collingrove Hillclimb connecting The Barossa Valley via a number of closed sections in Gorge road.
Once they reach the famous Collingrove Hillclimb, participants will be given 2 spirited and untimed runs.
Then, the last leg will be taking in the closed roads near Chain of Ponds in the Adelaide Hills, for a gourmet lunch before a return to Adelaide.
Entry is open to Classic and Modern Vehicles.
Victoria Park Sprint
The Victoria Park Sprint is a two day event held on 9th & 10th of December 2017. It is intended for touring cars, open-wheelers, sports and racing cars with a focus on models pre 1996, but open from the 1930’s to present. For all modern vehicles that are interested and maybe eligible to participate in other categories, they can compete but subject to committee approval.
There is a super sprint format, comprising 14 cars on the track at the same time be racing against the clock. The committee will select according to rare, classic and modern vehicles, giving each vehicle four sessions of up to 15 minutes throughout the weekend.
There will be an entry process, from application to selection, and then an invitation to compete will be given out to the successful vehicles. All interest fees are non-refundable.
This year’s event work safety has changed, all pit areas have to be constructed by a qualified engineer that is approved for garage structures, and there will be mandatory fee levied. The pit area will have a total cost of $795, from the entry fee $595 plus the mandatory fee of $200 for Marquee/Garaging and Souvenir Garage Placard.
The criteria for selecting the vehicle will be according on: Priority to new entrants, vehicle history, age, spirit of the event and diversity within the field. Strictly enforced is a minimum L2S license, which will be required for all entrants.
The proposed categories for the Victoria Park Sprint are:
- Formula 1 (2 categories)
- 5 Litre Touring Cars
- Heritage Touring Cars
- Pre 1959 and Invited Historic Race Cars
- Time Attack
- Ferrari Club Australia Challenge
- Historic Sports Sedans
- Improved Production
- Porsche through the Ages
- Formula Ford
- Supercar Sprint
- Sports Cars
- Historic Sport Sedans
- Pre 1990 Racing Motorbikes
- Special Interest
Expression of Interest
There will be a registration fee, Expression of Interest, to all vehicles that fit the following categories on rare, interesting and collectible cars.
- Formula One - Both pre-Adelaide Era and Adelaide (1985-1995) era ( 2 categories) will be run
- Porsche Through The Ages - Porsche- any year and model
- Pre 1950 Historic Racecars and invited cars- Any racecar - Hillclimb, Circuit or Speed Record Cars made pre 1950
- Sports Cars - As described by CAMS Category 2 Sports Cars or similar
- Time Attack - Modified vehicles fitting the Time Attack Genre'.
- Supercar Sprint - Cars typically referenced as "Supercars" with minimal or no modifications.
- Special Interest - Exceptional vehicles of note typically requiring track time of a non-competitive nature.
For those owners interested and belongs to any of the categories are encouraged to contact the relevant association so that they can facilitate your possible entry under the feature category promoted by the association.
- Improved Production - Improved Production Racing Association S.A
- Historic Sports Sedans (SCCSA) - Historic Racing Register
- Ferrari Club Australia Challenge - Ferrari Club of SA
- Historic Touring Cars - Historic Touring Car Association of Australia
- 5 Litre Touring Cars - 5 Litre Touring Car Association
- Pre 1990 Racing Motorbikes - Historic Motorcycle Racing Register of SA
Adelaide Rally will have a flexible ruling of entries this year, if you joined and can’t find the category from the previous Adelaide Motorsports Festival, they will try to provide a solution to take part in a new eligibility criteria which could be a sprint on the Victoria Park or Circuit amongst 24 other activities.
Expressions of interest ($40) open on May 1st each year through their website
Expressions of interest are examined in June
Invitations to compete are extended in July
Full payment to secure entry is required in August
For entry enquiries or buying the ticket visit Adelaide Motorsport Festival website.
Book great value bus hire with driver services today with coachhire.com.au. Providing standard and luxury vehicles and importantly at the right price. Offering vehicles for every occasion with seating for 16 - 70 passengers