The Featherdale Wildlife Park in Sydney
The Featherdale Wildlife Park in Sydney has 7 acres of land to house over 280 different species of more than 1,700 native animals. From the iconic Australian animals to native wildlife, as well as birds, reptiles and marsupials.
It is located in Doonside, NSW just about 45 minutes away from Sydney CBD. For more than a decade now, the Featherdale Wildlife Park is considered as one of Australia’s largest zoos and also having the most extensive collections of native wildlife.
What sets it different from the other wildlife parks is their hands–on experience. Not only can the park provide a close encounter with many of the native wildlife, but visitors get the chance to cuddle or pat them. There are also numerous sessions available at certain times.
If you’re planning to go as a group, we recommend you to book a reliable coach charter service in Sydney. Travel in comfort and convenience without hurrying to catch up to the schedule of public transportations. Coach Hire Coach Hire can provide you all these benefits and can easily take you to the best places around Sydney.
History of Featherdale Wildlife Park
Like all other wildlife parks, the Featherdale park has a rich and is full of history too.
- Featherdale Wildlife Park was originally a family owned poultry farm by Charles and Marjorie Wigg in 1953. Later on, it was developed by their son–in–law Bruce Kubbere, who had studied Australian fauna.
- In 1972, Featherdale Wildlife Park had officially opened to the public, lined with Australian native plants and trees. The trees and plants started as a nursery and still stands with more than 40 years old.
- In 1975, it was threatened with closure due to rezoning and housing commission development in the area. But fortunately, the decision was reversed by the then Premier of NSW, Sir Robert Askin. He was presented with signed petitions from thousands of local residents disagreeing to close down the wildlife park.
- Today, Featherdale Wildlife Park is now owned by Elanor Investment Group. They are one of the biggest company in Australia and also own many other establishments in the Australian Tourism & Leisure industry.
If your group have more time to go around and explore, you might want to consider taking some of the famous day tours in Sydney.
Featherdale Wildlife Park Personal Encounters
Dingo Encounter – An opportunity awaits you for an up–close experience with the iconic Australian native canine, the Dingo. You can pat and have your photo taken by their photographers for a souvenir to take home. It is available daily at 3:30pm with starting price of $25 (not included in admission fee).
Crocodile Encounter – If you prefer a more unique up–close experience, an opportunity is available to hold a baby apex predator, the Saltwater Crocodile. The schedule is 11:30am daily with a price of $25 (not included in admission fee).
Koala Encounter – This is a must–do experience whilst visiting Australia. An opportunity to have an up close and pet this adorable iconic Australian native wildlife, Koalas. It is available any time in the Koala Sanctuary with starting price of $25 (not included in admission fee).
Private Mammal or Reptile Encounter – Get up–close and personal with a group of mammals or reptiles accompanied with an informative discussion from one of their animal trainers. The mammal sessions are available at 10am, 10:30am, 2:30pm and 3:30pm with each having 30 minutes duration. The reptile session is at 1:30pm with a 30 minutes duration also. If you are interested to partake in any of these sessions, you are advised to pre–booking ahead with at least a minimum of 24 hours to guarantee your entry. All walk–ins are subject to availability.
For bookings or any enquiries of group pricing, visit Featherdale Wildlife Park website.
Schedule and Tickets of Featherdale Wildlife Park
The Featherdale Wildlife Park is open daily with operating hours from 9am to 5pm.
- Adults (15 years and over) – $32.00
- Child (3 to 15 years old) – $17.00
- Student or Pensioner – $27.00
- Senior – $21.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children) – $88.00
- Family (2 adults & 1 child) – $71.00
- Family (1 adult/2 children) – $58.00
Annual passes are also available and gift vouchers. For more information and current admission pricing in Featherdale Wildlife Park, visit their website.
If you’re looking for an easy, comfortable and will save you more time to visit more surrounding famous places, then find out more about low–cost coach charter in Sydney. Our friendly and reliable Coach Hire team will be happy to assist you and take you around Sydney. Contact Coach Hire Coach Hire today to book or request your FREE quotation.