Melbourne Airport Information
Tullamarine Airport or Melbourne Airport as it is sometimes known is the second busiest airport in Australia.Tullamarine is a fairly recent addition to Melbourne as it was only opened in 1970 to replace an aging Essendon Airport.
If you are visiting Melbourne and arriving at Tullamarine Airport you will require airport transfer to your hotel or end destination. coachhire.com.au are the experts in airport transfer and can provide excellent cost effective transportation for you and your group.
Tullamarine Airport is the only International Airport that serves Melbourne, and is just over 20 kilometers from Melbourne’s CBD. Tullamarine has direct flights to 33 destinations in Australia, the Pacific, Europe, Asia and North America.
Tullamarine is a major hub for Qantas and Virgin Australia and Tiger Airways Australia and Jetstar Airways use the airport as their home base.
Melbourne Airport has 4 terminals and is the number one airport for the airports of four of Australia’s seven other capital cities.
Tullamarine Airport has four terminals with a total of 56 gates, 40 are for domestic flights and 16 international. All the terminals are located in a single building which offers the minimum in connection time and excellent service to passengers.
- Terminal 1 - A domestic terminal with regional services operated by Qantas and QantasLink. All departures are from the first floor with arrivals on the ground floor.
- Terminal 2 - Handles all international flights and some domestic. Airlines operating from this terminal are Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and Emirates.
- Terminal 3 - Is the home of Virgin Australia and all their flights operate from this terminal.
- Terminal 4 - A main terminal for Tiger Airways Australia and other budget airlines such as Regional Express Airlines, Jetstar and Airnorth.
All international flights depart and arrive at Terminal 2. Domestic flights for Qantas use Terminal 1, Virgin Australia from Terminal 3, Tigerair & Jetstar from Terminal 4, REX from Terminal 4.
Destinations & Airlines
- International Airlines - Qantas, Air France, KLM, China Eastern, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Virgin Australia, Emirates, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Air China, United, Thai, Lufthansa, Austrian, Qatar, Etihad, Malaysia, Italia, Sri Lankan, Virgin Atlantic, Finnair, Fiji Airways, Royal Brunei, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, American Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, and Xiamen Air.
- Domestic Airlines - Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Tigerair, Qantas, British Airways, Emirates, American Airways, Rex, China Southern, and China Eastern.
In 2014-15 Tullamarine Airport handled over 32 million passengers with a recorded 190,000 aircraft movements.
If you are flying from Melbourne and your final destination is the UK then our friends at JD Travel Services can offer superb airport transport to your hotel or final destination. JD Travel Services are the experts at airport transfers in the UK, contact them to arrange your travel plans before you travel and then relax in the knowledge JD Travel will be waiting at the airport for your arrival.
If you are in Melbourne for holiday or a short break then check out our other articles to help you plan your stay. If you are travelling in a group then check out our article on Discovery Melbourne or read our 5 Best Corporate Hotels in Melbourne. If you are a keen golfer then checkout our 5 Best Golf Courses in Melbourne. If you are looking for something more relaxing an less competative then have a look at our 3 Fantastic DayTrip Ideas in Melbourne and our 4 Best Brewery Bars in Melbourne. For more Melbourne Articles, click here!